Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Possible Bronchitis

Took Haydin to the doctor today about his cough that he has had for about 3 to 4 days to get it checked out before his surgery. The doctor said it sounds like bits of mucus in his lungs that he just needs to clear out but it could move to bronchitis very easily if we don't do the proper medications and breathing treatments at the right time, were pretty confident that wont be an issue. I seriously don't think Haydin has bronchitis because the last time he had it he was running a fever, coughing all the time, sneezing, crying and just being mean. So far Haydin has acted like himself minus the coughing and louder weezing but its definitely something going on in his air ways. We also had to get Haydin's finger pricked today and have a blood sample sent to the lab to clear him for his surgery and we should be getting the call on the outcome of that tomorrow. I'm really hoping Haydin can get this surgery done safely on Monday because I'm so sick of postponing it and stressing myself out more and more plus I don't want him to be in the big cast for most of his summer. So for the next few days I will be keeping Haydin as far away from sick people as possible, getting lots of rest, keeping up on his medications and breathing treatments and getting lots of cuddles :)

No comments: